Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Lucys Birthday Kitchen



This was the birthday present I built for my second
granddaughter when she turned 2 years old.
Her very own kitchen.
Connie and I designed this ourselves with no plans so it is one of a kind.






The sink is an 8 inch stainless steel mixing bowl.  
Check out the real faucets.

The stove burners are mahogany.





This is the refrigerator.
Like most of this project, it is made of pine.
I love working with pine wood. 
 It is beautiful and easy to work with.






I used dowels for the shelves so they would look more like a real refrigerator.
The dowels are made of oak.





Dowels also for the oven racks and a clear plexiglass oven door to give it the feel of a real oven.





 The frames for the oven door and pan storage door are made of oak with oak handles also.
 I love to mix different kinds of wood in my projects.

I wish I had taken photos of the construction of this but I was not a blogger then.

Anyway my little darling loves her birthday present.
See my  Motorcycle Rocker post if you have not seen it.  


Thank you for stopping by my blog.  I would love to hear your comments.
Steve.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment